Light Bulb Moment Competition
McCrudden Training is proud to be a supporter of International Animal Rescue (IAR), a Sussex-based charity that saves animals from suffering around the world. IAR freed and cared for dancing beers in India, returned illegally poached Slow Loris to the wild in Java and looks after orphaned Orangutans, training them at ‘school’ to learn to live independently in the wild.
Our ‘light bulb moment’ competition is one way we support the charity. We invite learners on any of our workshops, to Tweet us (@McCruddenTrain) one thing that fell into place for them during the course, or to leave a review of the course on Google My Business. Every review or Tweet that contains the #greatfunlearning will trigger a donation to the charity, and be entered into a quarterly prize draw.
For every Tweet we will donate 20p to IAR and for every Google review we will donate 50p to the charity. If every learner entered the competition, we would be donating over £2,000 a year to the charity.
And to say ‘thank you’, we enter all the Tweets and Reviews posted each quarter into a competition to win a Funky Fudge hamper. The terms and conditions for the competition are set out below:
Terms & conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to our Light Bulb Moment competition
- By entering the competition you indicate your agreement to be bound by these rules.
- The registered promoter of this competition is McCrudden Training Ltd (company number 7549902) whose registered office is Archer House, Britland Estate, Northbourne Road, Eastbourne, BN22 8PW
- The competition is open only to people who have attended a McCrudden Training workshop in the quarter. Employees and sub-contractors of McCrudden Training, and their families are not eligable to enter the competition. However, they are welcome to post Tweets or review McCrudden Training Ltd on Google My Business; donations will still be made to IAR for posts and reviews provided by friends and family of McCrudden Training. No competition entry will be made.
- There is no entry fee, and you do not have to be the person who paid for the training to enter this competition.
- The review or Tweet must be posted within 3 months of the workshop attendance. Any reviews or Tweets made outside of this period will not be considered eligible for the competition or the charity donation.
- To enter the competition Tweet @McCruddenTrain on Twitter or Google McCrudden Training and click on ‘Write a Review’. To be eligible the post must include the #greatfunlearning, and must be from a genuine participant on a McCrudden Training workshop.
- Entries must be made in the manner specified above. Emailed reviews, comments on any other social network or written testimonials will not count towards to the donation or competition.
- The competition runs until further notice, and winners will be drawn every quarter (3 months), on the last working day of November, February, May and August.
- Only one entry per person per quarter (3 months) is accepted. Multiple entries from the same person will only count as one entry. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using computers and automated means to circumvent this rule, their entrants will be disqualified and only one donation will be made.
- Only one donation will be made to the charity per person, per course review. Multiple posts about the same course will only generate one donation. However, one person attending multiple workshops, may post about each workshop. These will trigger donations to IAR, but only generate one competition entry per 3 month period.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, for whatever reason.
- Reviews and Tweets that do not include #greatfunlearning will not be entered into the competition, nor will they trigger a donation to IAR.
- McCrudden Training Ltd reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition, or these terms and conditions will be published as soon as possible by McCrudden Training.
- The prize is a Funky Fudge Hamper. No cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The prize is transferable. Should you win the competition and wish your prize to be delivered to a nominated person, please advice us at the earliest opportunity.
- Quarterly winners will be chosen at random from all entries received and verified by McCrudden Training Ltd or it’s agents as a genuine entry.
- The winner will be notified by Twitter or via email (depending on the route of entry) within 28 days of the closing date each quarter. If the winner cannot be contacted to claim the prize within 14 days of notification we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- McCrudden Training Ltd will notify the winner when the prize has been ordered.
- McCrudden Training Ltd’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English Law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and social media ‘handle’, as well as their entry in winner announcements. No other personal data relating to the winner or other entrants will be shared and information is used solely in accordance with GDPR.
- The winner’s name will be published on Twitter and LinkedIn within 28 days of the closing date.
- Entering the competition is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Last updated August 2018