First Aid at Work Training Course
First Aid at Work training is not only a legal obligation, but it’s a vital method of protecting the people in your organisation. Depending on the hazards and the number of workers in your organisation, you will need staff trained in either Emergency First Aid at Work (one-day first aid course) or First Aid at Work (3 day first aid course).
McCrudden Training are experts in first aid training, our first aid training team have over 30 years first experience between them and most of them have NHS backgrounds. So you won’t find many trainers more experienced!
||Contact us for next available course dates
Multiple Staff Training
If you have 6 or more staff needing training in this topic, it is more cost-effective to have the course delivered in-house. Courses can then be tailored specifically to your organisation. Please contact us for more information.
Our First Aid at Work training course covers:
- responsibilities of a first aider
- using first aid equipment and record keeping
- dealing with emergencies and prioritising
- resuscitation skills (CPR)
- dealing with unconscious casualties
- medical emergencies (heart attacks, angina, stroke, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, severe allergic reactions etc)
- serious injuries (bleeding and shock, burns, and broken bones including spinal injury)
- treatment of minor injuries
- eye injuries
9.30am-4.30pm each day
Who is this course for?
If there are lots of staff in your organisation, or your workplace has significant hazards then you will need to train your first aiders to First Aid at Work standards.
If you previously held a First Aid at Work certificate, but it has expired you will need to complete the full 3 day course again.
If you would like advice or guidance about which first aid course you should attend, please contact us for a no obligation discussion.
Benefits of attending
This course is compliant with the Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations. After successfully completing this course, you’ll receive a first aid certificate recognised by the HSE and allowing you to practice workplace first aid for 3 years. After 3 years, you’ll need to attend a 2 day re-qualification course.
“The trainer was great. They explained clearly and well. I felt comfortable and able to ask questions. They always gave examples and I’ve learnt a lot”
Included in the price
- first aid manual
- training bandages
- workplace first aid poster
- exam fee
- certificate valid for 3 years (subject to passing the assessment)