Paediatric First Aid Training Course
Anyone involved with the care of children or infants is expected to hold relevant first aid training. Our 2-day paediatric first aid training course, approved by the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB) covers all the required theory and practical first aid techniques.
From managing life threatening situations and dealing with fractures, dislocations and head injuries through to medical conditions that affect children, right down to dealing with minor bumps and scraps – our paediatric first aid course will give you all the confidence you need when caring for children.
Our paediatric first aid course can be delivered at any venue across East Sussex, Kent, Surrey and West Sussex and it meets the requirements of Ofsted Early Years and Childcare Register.
Where is the Course?
We’ll come to you or help you find a suitable venue.
Download details of our Paediatric First Aid Training Course course.Download
Every client has unique needs.
To find out how this course can be quickly customised to fit your needs, timescale and budget please contact us.
How long is it?
The maximum duration of this course is 12 hours.
Paediatric First Aid Training Course Information
Who is this course for?
The two-day paediatric first aid course is suitable for professionals who are involved with the care of children, including creche staff, au pairs, nannies, childminders, nursery and pre-school workers, sport and leisure staff.
It is suitable for those who have an existing certificate due to expire and those with no previous experience in paediatric first aid.
Benefits of attending
Our first aid courses for child care provide hands-on training to develop the skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of paediatric first aid emergencies, including:
- CPR and life support
- Unconsciousness in children and babies
- Serious bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Broken bones
- Medical emergencies (meningitis, diabetes, seizures, asthma, anaphylactic shock, and sickle cell crisis)
- Injuries and illness (choking, eye, ear or nose injuries, temperature illness and poisons)
Included in the price
- paediatric first aid manuals for all delegates
- certificates (valid for 3 years) for all those who pass the assessment
- workplace first aid poster
- resus face shield for all those who pass the course
- quarterly first aid e-newsletter
- FREE audit of on-site first aid kits