Safeguarding Adults Training
If your organisation works with vulnerable adults, all staff should recieve safeguarding training. Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults training (SOVA) should be completed and regularly refreshed.
Our safeguarding adults training (formerly known as POVA training) can be delivered in your workplace across East Sussex and West Sussex. It explores issues surrounding working with and safeguarding vulnerable adults, including the underpinning safeguarding laws and the types of abuse as well as the responsibilities of staff, volunteers and trustees.
If you have a small number of staff to train, or have difficulty getting all staff together to attend training – our online safeguarding courses offer a cost effective solution.
Where is the Course?
We’ll come to you or help you find a suitable venue.
Download details of our Safeguarding Adults Training course.Download
Every client has unique needs.
To find out how this course can be quickly customised to fit your needs, timescale and budget please contact us.
How long is it?
The maximum duration of this course is 3 hours.
Safeguarding Adults Training Information
Who is this course for?
Safeguarding vulnerable adults training is intended for personnel at all levels (staff, volunteers and trustees) who come into contact with vulnerable adults. That may include staff in community groups or charities, healthcare staff and dentists, care home workers and carers.
This course is suitable for those new to safeguarding and staff who need to up-date their SOVA training.
Benefits of attending
Our safeguarding adults training course covers:
- what the law says about safeguarding
- the different types of abuse
- who is at risk
- recognising elder abuse and what to do if you suspect abuse of vulnerable adults
- policies and procedures including responding to disclosures of abuse.
Included in the price
- tailoring the course to reflect your workplace risks
- comprehensive, full colour workshop manual
- attendance certificates
- workplace safeguarding poster
- 3 months unlimited email support post course
- regular health & safety updates