Introduction to Performance Management
The most effective managers know how to get the best out of their teams. They know how to manage performance. In some organisations, performance management is synonymous with under-performance; ‘if you’re not careful they’ll performance manage you’. Sound familiar?
In truth, the most successful organisations apply the principles of performance management to every member of staff. Effective performance management is about focusing your team on the most important work, developing staff to succeed, and motivating them to keep them inspired. Doesn’t that sound like something that should be available to all staff?
Management guru Ken Blanchard reported that effective performance management leads to better business results (improved staff retention, higher customer satisfaction, better staff engagement and higher profits). So what’s stopping you? Book our performance management training course and secure those benefits for your organisation.
Where is the Course?
We’ll come to you or help you find a suitable venue.
Download details of our Introduction to Performance Management course.Download
Every client has unique needs.
To find out how this course can be quickly customised to fit your needs, timescale and budget please contact us.
How long is it?
The maximum duration of this course is
Enquire about booking this Introduction to Performance Management course for your staff.
Managing Performance was an excellent course. I would recommend to others
Introduction to Performance Management Information
Who is this course for?
Our one-day introduction to performance management training course focuses on the process of performance management from the top down. The course is ideal for anyone looking to decrease staff turnover, improve customer satisfaction and increase profits by becoming more effective at performance management.
It’s primarily aimed at line managers, senior managers, and company owners/directors. It will explain the basic systems, tools and techniques in running an effective appraisal system and managing performance effectively. So, it’s also useful for anyone with an interest in HR.
Benefits of attending
Our one-day introduction to performance management can help with building a strong foundation to an appraisal process. It covers:
- the principles and benefits of performance management (from goals to objectives);
- characteristics of a performance management system;
- co-producing meaningful C-SMARTER objectives;
- motivating staff to perform;
- structure and deliver timely, effective feedback (Feedback FRANK); and
- strategies to deal with underperformance.
Compliment this course with our one-day Management (HR) Conversations course for a comprehensive package of performance management training for your staff.
Included in the price
- basic tailoring of the course to reflect the needs of your organisation;
- full colour introduction to performance management training course manual;
- learning checks
- certificate of attendance;
- free performance management toolkit
- 3 months unlimited email support and 12 months access to online materials to help embed and implement learning post-course;
- support to evaluate the impact of training (optional).
Need some help with establishing a performance management structure, or not sure if this course is right for you – why not contact us for a no obligation natter!