Performance Management Conversations
Over the years, we’ve heard pretty much every reason in the book that managers have for avoiding conversations with staff. And it’s not just corrective feedback that managers avoid. We’ve met many a leader who shy’s away from giving praise because they worry they’ll sound insincere.
And it’s not just us who’ve noticed this trend. The Harvard Business Review, highlighted a study which suggests that 69% of managers said that they are uncomfortable communicating with staff. (That’s well over 2/3 of your managers who may be avoiding conversations with staff, giving direction, recognising achievements, having difficult conversations or just communicating in general).
Yet, human beings are social creatures. We thrive on conversations. So here’s the secret to making your organisation highly successful, and the best thing is it’s free. Get your staff talking!
And if you suspect your managers fall in that 69%, well fear not, we’re great at conversations and we’re happy to show your managers how to do it. (Check out our recent successes if you don’t believe us).
Where is the Course?
We’ll come to you or help you find a suitable venue.
Download details of our Performance Management Conversations course.Download
Every client has unique needs.
To find out how this course can be quickly customised to fit your needs, timescale and budget please contact us.
How long is it?
The maximum duration of this course is 6 hours.
Enquire about booking this Performance Management Conversations course for your staff.
Performance Management Conversations Information
Who is this course for?
This workshop is ideal for any manager who recognises the power of honest conversations to motivate and retain staff. There are no prerequisites for attending this course.
It is ideal for managers at any level who want to build confidence in giving feedback of all types. Experienced managers looking for new tools, or a refresher will benefit, as will new managers and those aspiring to leadership positions.
Benefits of attending
Our Performance Management Conversations training course, is probably the most fun you’ll ever have learning about management conversations. It covers:
- the purpose, meaning and benefits of performance management conversations;
- 2 different types of conversation;
- 7 steps to starting a conversation about under-performance;
- using questions to get to the root of unclear performance problems;
- setting improvement objectives (action planning); and
- giving authentic positive feedback (recognition) that motivates.
Included in the price
- basic tailoring of the course to reflect the needs of your organisation;
- full colour performance management conversations course manual;
- attendance certificate;
- 3 months unlimited email support;
- self-assessment and access to materials to continue learning for 12 months post-course; and
- support to evaluate the impact of training (optional).
Not sure if this course fits your needs? Compare it to our Introduction to Performance Management course, or give us a call for an informal chat.