Planning and Chairing Meetings
Show us an organisation and we’ll show you somewhere meetings take place. Meetings are part of (and the bane of) pretty much every organisation.
Insight agency Opinion Matters, surveyed over 1,000 office workers and found that the average worker wastes around 49 minutes every week in unproductive meetings. That equates to around 13 million lost productive hours per year, and financial losses in the region of £26bn across the UK.
We rarely meet people who say that every meeting in their organisation is productive and useful. We think that’s because no-one trains their managers how to lead meetings – we just anticipate that our leaders will have an in-built ‘run meeting’ button.
If your organisation suffers from meetings that lack focus, last too long, don’t satisfy their objectives, fail to engage attendees or leave staff demoralised and demotivated – then fear not, you’re in the right place. We’re on a mission to make your meetings not just more effective, but more fun!
Where is the Course?
We’ll come to you or help you find a suitable venue.
Download details of our Planning and Chairing Meetings course.Download
Every client has unique needs.
To find out how this course can be quickly customised to fit your needs, timescale and budget please contact us.
How long is it?
The maximum duration of this course is 3 hours.
Planning and Chairing Meetings Information
Who is this course for?
Chairing meetings is a vital skills for any organisation. Our chairing meetings training course is ideal for anyone who is, or may be, required to planning and lead meetings.
It’s suitable for managers who have never received any training in how to chair meetings, existing leaders who want to increase the productivity of their meetings, and those looking to up-date and refresh their skills. It is also ideal for staff with aspirations to take on leadership roles.
Benefits of attending
Our lively and fast-paced workshop on planning and chairing meetings training covers:
- the cost-benefit of meetings (and alternatives to meeting);
- characteristics of good and bad meetings;
- strong agendas;
- role of the meeting chairperson/chairing styles; and
- tools and techniques to support effective participation.
Included in the price
- basic tailoring of the course to reflect the needs of your organisation;
- full colour introduction to managing meetings training course manual;
- certificate of attendance;
- 3 months unlimited email support and 12 months access to online materials to help embed and implement learning post-course;
- support to evaluate the impact of training (optional).
Not sure if this course will suit your needs? Why not give us a call for an informal chat (we’ll make sure it’s an effective telephone meeting- honestly!)