Introduction to Project Management
Failed projects. Something we hear about time and time again. The failure of a company to successfully deliver on a project. The taxpayer’s Alliance uncovered over £100m of scrapped or failed IT projects, but it’s not just IT projects. Think of Wembley Stadium, the Millennium Dome, or those road works outside your house.
Every organisation, regardless of size, is involved projects in one form or another. From the development of a flag-ship new product, to a service re-design, an office re-location or recruiting a new member of staff. They are all projects (activities with a definitive starting and end date and a clear objective).
Yet, it’s our experience that effective project management is one of least understood management tools; leading to projects that are late, over budget, don’t deliver all their promised outcomes or worse – are abandoned. It’s been suggested that 80% of ‘high-performing’ projects are led by a trained project manager. Our entry-level project management course is the perfect starting point in making sure your projects succeed through design rather than luck.
Where is the Course?
We’ll come to you or help you find a suitable venue.
Download details of our Introduction to Project Management course.Download
Every client has unique needs.
To find out how this course can be quickly customised to fit your needs, timescale and budget please contact us.
How long is it?
The maximum duration of this course is 6 hours.
All businesses should provide this Project Management training for all employees. The tutor was brilliant.
Sue WestHR Officer, Surrey & Sussex Commissioning Support Unit
Introduction to Project Management Information
Who is this course for?
Our introduction to project management is an introductory level project management course. It is particularly useful for those new to managing projects, or those with experience of running projects but without formal training.
It is also suitable for those looking to refresh their knowledge of the basics, including project management tools, processes and techniques.
Please be aware, this course is not an accredited PRINCE II training course. However, the principles and terminology used in this training, mirror the fundamental principles of nationally recognised project management methodologies.
Benefits of attending
Our entry level project management training covers:
- Project Management (PRINCE II) terminology and project lifecycle;
- Developing a business case and project outcomes;
- Project Initiation Documents (PIDs);
- Identify and manage resources and stakeholder relationships;
- Project timelines and budgeting;
- Dealing with project risks and issues; and
- project closure and evaluation.
Our clients have found that this course combines well with our Introduction to Leadership to give both the process and leadership skills to develop the all-round project manager.
Included in the price
- basic tailoring of the course to reflect the needs of your organisation;
- full colour introduction to project management training course manual;
- learning assessments;
- certificate of attendance;
- free project management template pack;
- 3 months unlimited email support and 12 months access to online materials to help embed and implement learning post-course;
- support to evaluate the impact of training (optional).
Not sure if this course will suit your needs? Why not give us a call for an informal chat (we don’t bite -honest!)