Being assertive is a balanced way of communicating that respects our own rights and the rights of others. Assertive communication is a key work place skill, but it’s one that many of us struggle with at times, and that can cause problems in the workplace. Non-assertive communication can lead to staff feeling bullied, customer dissatisfaction or even important issues not being talked about.
The good news is that when staff understand the different types of communication and where the assertive mind-set comes from , they can learn to be more assertive.
Whether there is conflict at work, staff need to negotiate more confidently with stakeholders or managers need to give feedback, our assertiveness training course is the perfect opportunity to learn, practice and get feedback on these skills in a safe environment.
This course is especially effective when run in conjunction with our communication skills workshop.
Where is the Course?
We’ll come to you or help you find a suitable venue.
Download details of our Assertiveness training course.Download
Every client has unique needs.
To find out how this course can be quickly customised to fit your needs, timescale and budget please contact us.
How long is it?
The maximum duration of this course is 6 hours.
Enquire about booking this Assertiveness training course for your staff.
Excellent training session. I've been to a fair few over the years but this Dealing with Difficult People course was by far the best.
Morag McInnesCarer Support Worker, Care for the Carers
Assertiveness training Information
Who is this course for?
Our one-day assertiveness training course is ideal for any staff whose success hinges on their ability to communicate assertively.
It is particularly well suited to managers who need to be more assertive, people who need to negotiate with stakeholders, and any staff who lack confidence in communication or struggle with conflict.
Benefits of attending
During this assertiveness training course we cover:
- the difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours;
- what drives assertive behaviours (the assertive mind-set);
- assertive language, body language and tone of voice;
- advanced communication techniques and common assertiveness techniques; and
- the Feedback FRANK model for giving feedback.
This course can be delivered as a two-day workshop with our Dealing with Difficult People workshop.
Included in the price
- basic tailoring of the course to reflect the needs of your organisation
- full colour assertiveness training course manual
- attendance certificate
- 3 months unlimited email and online support to help implement ideas
- self-assessments and access to materials to continue learning post course
- support to evaluate the impact (optional)
Not sure if this course is right for your organisation? We love to talk – why not have an informal chat with us!