At McCrudden Training we know that virtually every charity and voluntary group relies upon volunteers. Some are exclusively run by volunteers, having no paid staff at all.
Many of trainers have worked in the voluntary sector, several have been volunteer managers and know how different working with volunteers is from managing paid staff. That’s when our volunteer management training course was born. We’ve been delivering it now for over 6 years and have provided volunteer management training to everyone from tiny community groups to international charities.
Our effective volunteer management training course covers:
- characteristics of the sector
- skills and responsibilities of a volunteer manager
- establishing volunteer policies and volunteer role descriptions
- recruiting and selecting appropriate volunteers
- dealing with volunteers unsuited to the role
- basic legal principles relating to volunteer management
- coping with volunteer problems
McCrudden Training’s volunteer management training is a 6 hour course. Typically we deliver it over one-day, but it can be delivered over two half-day if you prefer
Who is this course for?
McCrudden Training’s effective volunteer management course is perfect for you if you have responsibility for recruiting, managing or supervising volunteers.
It’s ideal for you if you’re new to working with volunteers, or have some experience of volunteer management, but have never attended formal training.
Benefits of attending
On our volunteer management training course, you’ll learn how to effectively manage yourself and your volunteers to provide the best for your organisation. We’ll help you to design role descriptions that don’t inadvertently create a contract of employment, explore strategies for motivating and retaining unpaid staff as well as set up processes to manage common volunteering related problems.
“I loved the games and the interaction. Our trainer was very engaging and knowledgeable. A fantastic course!”
The Big Issue
Included in the price
The fee for delivering this course in-house for your charity starts at just £200 and includes:
- basic customisation of the course material to reflect possible scenarios in your organisation
- comprehensive workshop manual
- attendance certificates for all attendees
- one copy of The Volunteer Managers Handbook